We can assist you in the following areas of family law
- Children’s Contact (Custody) / Parenting Arrangements
- Independent Children’s Lawyer
- Married or De facto Relationships
- Property Matters / Property Settlements
- Collaborative Law
- Other Financial Settlements
- Same Sex Couples
- Spousal Maintenance
- Divorce Applications
- Applications for Court Orders
- Application for Consent Orders
- Litigation / Trial Representation in the Family Court
- Legal Aid Western Australia alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
Chris Williams offers a one hour family law advice appointment for a fixed fee of $320 GST inc (paid on the day). At this meeting we can advise on;
- Your rights under the family law
- Appropriate means of pursuing settlement by consent
- Or, if necessary, commencement of legal proceedings.
Before commencing legal proceedings almost all family law matters are preceded by negotiations with many issues resolved via negotiation by correspondence.
Chris Williams, Lawyer and Mediator has extensive experience in all forms of negotiation and is committed to negotiating your matters without commencement of legal proceedings.
Legal proceedings (Litigation) – Application to Family Court of WA If negotiations are unsuccessful we will advise commencement of legal proceedings. We have extensive experience in conducting litigation including taking matters to trial. For the more complex stages of your litigation we will instruct a barrister (counsel). Choice of counsel is always subject to your instructions; we will offer advice if required, however.
LEGAL AID WA
Chris Williams, Lawyer and Mediator is a law firm dedicated to playing a role in providing social justice. We regularly accept Legal Aid cases for family law and other areas, particularly grants for Family Dispute Resolution conference (a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution or ADR).
Chris Williams has worked as an Independent Children’s Lawyer accredited by Legal Aid WA which provides valuable experience in dealing with children’s issues, particularly in high conflict situations.