Contact us on 08 9335 3270
How to Choose a Family Lawyer in PerthThu, 30 Jan 2020
How to Choose a Divorce Lawyer in Perth?
- Consider whether you prefer a lawyer who practices mainly in Family Law or a lawyer who claims to cover in many areas of the law.
- Depending on your circumstances, a mediated settlement (without adversarial Family Court proceedings) may be less stressful and more cost effective. Ask whether the divorce lawyer has experience in mediation and negotiated settlements.
- A junior lawyer may charge a lower hourly rate than an experienced lawyer, however it may take them longer to do the job required. We try to match the difficulty of the task with the lawyer’s experience in order to save you money.
- Choose a lawyer you feel comfortable with. A good lawyer should be upfront about the realistic possible range of outcomes for your case.
- It's important that you get a feel for the lawyer, before you commit to working with them, and have a broad understanding of the pathways available to you to resolve your family law issues. We offer a free no obligation initial consultation with a solicitor to provide legal information.
- We also have an experienced female Family Lawyer - Renee Vasta - available on request.
- You should consider whether you are eligible for Legal Aid or assistance from Community Legal Centres.
- Not all separating couples require ongoing legal advice. You may be able to reach an agreement with your ex-partner on your own. We offer a 1 hour $275 Initial Advice appointment to advise you of what constitutes a fair settlement, and the best way to achieve this.
- If you have reached agreement, we offer a fixed fee service. Alternatively, we give you a costs estimate and keep you informed monthly of any changes.
- If your matter is ongoing it may be more convenient to go to a lawyer who is local to you.
- Consider whether the lawyer has free parking onsite (as we do).
- We are flexible and, after Initial Advice, offer phone appointments and email correspondence if more convenient for ongoing clients.
Call us now on 9335 3270 or use the ‘Online Enquiry’ box .